This template shows how a typical work-oriented hub site could look like in SharePoint Online. It is designed to aggregate content and news from the associated site collections to show all relevant information from a single location.
The Work @ Contoso template consists of multiple site collections which are all automatically associated to the hub site to show how all out-of-the-box aggregation capabilities will work.
The template also creates the hub navigation automatically with a sample information architecture, which you can easily modify and extend.
Template contains following structures and assets:
- Main site collection set as a hub site
- 2 communication sites associated to the hub site - Benefits and charity sites
- 1 group associated team site associated to the hub site - Team site
- Sample news articles in the sub site collections
- Sample Word, Excel and PowerPoint files
- Sample image content used in the site collections
Sub site collections are using same templates, which you can also provision seperately from this service.
Notice - If applied on top of existing communication site(s), welcome page content will be overridden.
Below picture shows the expected layout from this template.
Note - There might be small differences between the screenshot from the SharePoint look book and the end results of the template. Template automation will get you as close as possible given certain API level limitations. Templates are also designed to be as independent as possible, which has resulted some compromises on the used implementation.
Here are current prerequisites for making this solution work in your tenant.
- You will need to be a tenant administrator to be able to deploy this solution
- Notice that you can get free developer tenant from Office 365 developer program, if needed
- Automatic end-to-end provisioning only works with English tenants
- All solutions and web parts are also English in the current implementation