This template shows how a company executive information site could look like in SharePoint Online. It has example pages and contents to get you started. This site could be associated to an enterprise portal or divisional hub site, so that it is part of the main navigation with the other related sites in single consistent information architecture.
You can easily extend the site by doing following:
- Include Stream web parts with videos (not present by default)
- Include Yammer web part, if in use, for discussions (not present by default)
- Include company mission and latest leadership meeting documents on the front page
Template contains following structures and assets:
- New site collection using communication site template, unless applied on top of existing site
- Custom welcome page
- 2 additional content pages
- 2 news articles with sample content
- Sample image content used in the template
Notice - If applied on top of existing communication site, welcome page content will be overridden.
Below picture shows the expected layout from this template.
Note - There might be small differences between the screenshot from the SharePoint look book and the end results of the template. Template automation will get you as close as possible given certain API level limitations. Templates are also designed to be as independent as possible, which has resulted some compromises on the implementation.
Here are current prerequisites for making this solution work in your tenant.
- You will need to be a tenant administrator to be able to deploy this solution
- Notice that you can get free developer tenant from Office 365 developer program, if needed
- Automatic end-to-end provisioning only works with English tenants
- All solutions and web parts are also English in the current implementation